It has been a rewarding time for the Pathways team. Since launching our Outreach Hub we have got to know and understand new teams within our partner universities, FE Colleges, local authorities and community groups.
From our conversations we have picked up a common theme: being able to confidently consult with your audience and demonstrate your successes in meeting their needs to funders or senior board members is an area where you would like some support and training.
Therefore, Pathways through the Reach Pathways Outreach Hub, are pleased to offer a suite of training to our partners and stakeholders across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. Our aim is to equip you with the skills and confidence you need to plan and undertake feasible and effective evaluation, and in so doing, highlight that evaluation doesn’t have to be scary, and to create a sustainable community of practice.
You may sign up for as few or as many workshops as you wish, but bear in mind that some workshops require prior knowledge that can be acquired through other workshops. Our workshops are suitable for those who want to find out more about:
- How we learn best and how cognitive science principles can be used to ensure your activities are effective (workshop 3)
- Evaluation and how to plan and deliver it (workshops 1 and 2)
- How to ensure your evaluation surveys provide you with high-quality, useful data (workshop 4)
- How to use qualitative methods (interviews, focus groups and ethnography) to undertaken robust consultation or for collecting evaluation data (workshops 5-8)
Steps to register:
1) Please register your interest in a workshop by completing the appropriate registration form on the Pathways website: pathwaystohe.ac.uk. Please use our online form to register your interest. Before leaving the page, please make a note of which workshops you would like to book onto.
NOTE: Workshops will run with a minimum of five participants and will be capped at 15 participants, at which point we will operate a waiting list. Places will be allocated in the order in which registrations were received.
2) Please hold the time in your diary: Your booking will be confirmed a working week prior to the training date, along with further details about the session, including a Zoom link and any pre-reading.
Accessing our workshops: All workshops will take place using the Zoom platform. Please ensure you have a Zoom account set up prior to booking a place on the workshop(s) (https://zoom.us/signin).
Pre-requisites: Unless you have prior training and/or experience in qualitative methods, you must complete Workshop 5 before booking onto Workshops 6, 7 and 8 as they require a basic understanding of qualitative methods.
Workshops 4-8 would benefit from an understanding of theory of change and the evaluation cycle which can be provided by workshops 1 and 2, but this is not a requirement.
Workshops comprise a mixture of taught content and participant practice, so please come prepared to contribute, to ask questions, and to have a go!
Our menu of workshops is available online